He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise. Luke 3:11
Open Closet provides free clothing for those experiencing unexpected hardship. The program distributes used and new clothing to disadvantaged individuals, at no cost. The majority of the inventory is dedicated to children and infants.
Submitting a Request
To submit a request fill out the form on this page. Love Live Christ then will contact the family or individual for a brief interview. During the interview, the staff will verify identity and needs.
Adults in the Golden Triangle area may qualify for clothing from Open Closet, regardless of ability to pay. To receive clothing, you must:
1. Be over the age of 18
2. Be temporarily unable to meet your basic clothing needs
3. Have no other reliable means of obtaining clothing
4. Currently residing in a local shelter
5. Recently lost your employment
6. Dealing with a life altering event*
7. Reside in our service area (Columbus, MS and/or surrounding Golden Triangle area within 20 miles of Columbus, MS)
*Definition of “life altering event”: New employment, child, or death. Suffering from a catastrophe i.e. fire, flood, tornado.
Other household members who may be eligible:
1. Minor children for whom you provide primary care
2. Parent(s) for whom you provide primary care
3. A spouse who is unable to obtain clothing themselves
Assist Those In Need
Love Live Christ strives to empower and inspire people in the local community through the love of Jesus Christ and is committed to helping those in need.
Ignored suffering can fester and ultimately lead to unrest within a community and even turmoil within a nation. Jesus Christ expressed the importance of caring for others and equated it to caring for him. Sowing seeds of love and service produces momentous reward, resulting in stronger families and communities.